Monday, May 2, 2011

Mayday

It's no mystery what everyone will be talking about this week. I spent hours following President Obama's speech attempting to corral my thoughts into a tidy narrative - until a friend confessed that for her, everything was coming up questions. That exchange inspired me to produce this tiny, partially formed collection of my partially formed thoughts, and I forced myself not to tie the whole thing into a neat bow.

So, in the spirit of full disclosure: I can't promise you revelations or insight or really anything besides questions, because that's all I've got at the moment. But if you love me like I love you, join me on this meandering ramble through my psyche - besides, it's short. And I suspect I am not alone in this mental state.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, thank you for writing this. I found out tonight at work, and for about twenty seconds I was really happy. Then I turned on my brain, and now all I can come up with are troubled questions. You're right, you are definitely not alone in this mental state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar article: http://www.npr.org/2011/05/03/135927693/is-it-wrong-to-celebrate-bin-ladens-death

    ReplyDelete